Friday, May 27, 2011

Tips and Comments

A lot of people have told me they had trouble leaving Comments on the blog. I have now made it easier. If you don't have an account with Google or blogspot, you can leave your comment under 'Anonymous'. Just remember to include your name so I know you are are!

In case anyone wants even more info on anal cancer, like wondering if that thing they thought was a hemorrhoid is something else, here are some sites.

Anal Cancer Foundation
You can find a lot of links to other sites there.

I like the Rare Cancer forum:
Rare Cancer Forum/Anal Cancer
There's a lot of warmth and humor and support.

Personally I found Blog for a Cure a bit earnest...but some people like and need that:
Blog for a Cure

For more technical stuff, The National Cancer Institute has links to a lot of information:
National Cancer Institute
I found the info on staging very helpful. I just read it and finally understood why I was a Stage one or a stage 3...not a 2.

If you want technical info that isn't so technical, this site may be helpful:
MedicineNet:Anal Cancer

To see the guidelines that your doctor is probably using, this is the site, but it's quite complex:
NCCN Guidelines for Anal Cancer
You have to sign on to gain access, but it's free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found the Rare Cancer forum for support. I'm sure you will make some lifetime friends and help others in the process just like you did on the LBD forum. I always looked forward to your special brand of humor. :)

Good that the staging information was helpful. Personally I can't have too much information but I'm usually researching for others, not myself. Might be different if it was me...who knows.

West coast thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Jan C.

Anonymous said...

OK, let's see if I can mess this up because I didn't find "anonymous." I, too, enjoy your brand of humor, Imelda, and believe it will help you through this ordeal. And I love your photos!
Cheryl
PS Hi, Jan!

Anonymous said...

Imelda,
I had no idea... Yes, your humor is impeccable as is your candid photos... Glad to see you are still able to smile through the anger, pain, and fight which will get you through this!
Yes, that risky business part too had I only seen a photo of just what that risky business position was earlier. My doctors though gave me a screening this past year and found some precancerous sites and I had them removed and need to go for regular preventative checkups. Just another excuse to bend over backwards for attention! But, what a surprise bending over like that and to be treated with so much love and tenderness. In fact the last time I was at the doctor I told him how special it made me feel knowing that he was down and in there with so much concern for my well being, and it's been a long time if ever that I had a man enter me with such concern for me! And, that I hoped the moment was as special for him as it was for me! :)
Well, I do know that the week after the scraping/removal of precancerous sites was Soooo very painful. I hope you are managing with the discomfort... just remember that it will pass as will everything else that needs to, just get into a cold sits bath or shower for your backside. At least I found that soothing.
Wish I were closer to visit. I will be in NY June 20-27. I hope to be able to see you then. I will keep you in my best of thoughts!
Hug, Stephen