Thursday, May 19, 2011

Exams and more exams


Next, I was sent to see the Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Who. He wanted to examine me. So did his assistant. I was beginning to get use to having strangers stick their fingers in my butt. I wonder if it was OK with them?
That really wasn't the hard part. After the exam, he sat me down and explained the course of treatment: 5 weeks of radiation with a week of chemo at week one and week five. He hinted that there would be some 'discomfort'. (Isn't that like when the dentist tells you that you are going to feel a little 'pressure'?). After all, a radiated asshole is not a happy asshole. It shuts down, it refuses to comply with the reason for it's existence. It's angry, hurt, furious. There's no talking to it. Well, he didn't say that but I surmised it. Right now, I was to eat a lot of fiber, have a pet scan to see if the cancer was anywhere else and go and see my other doctor, the chemo guy.

1 comment:

dowhat327 said...

very scary moment, I think. "to see if the cancer was anywhere else...."